No single occupancy reduction offered over Christmas & New Year. Payment of balance will be taken 12 weeks before Christmas.
Booking Terms - Please read prior to making a reservation
We don’t have many rules but, as the house is also our home, the following guidelines help us run our B&B which we trust you will understand and accept as reasonable.
All reservations must be secured by a non-refundable deposit of £20 per room per night, paid at the time of booking. The balance is due on departure.
When a reservation is made it means that someone else will be turned away so if a reservation is cancelled within 5 days of arrival the full balance will be charged. We will, however, try to re-let the room in which case flexibility may be possible. It is advisable to take out holiday insurance to cover such an eventuality.
Generally, no one-night bookings are taken on a Friday or Saturday during May, June, July, August, September, Bank Holidays, Christmas and during some Otley events. Please call to check though as on rare occasions we may have availability.
We don’t insist on a fixed window for arrival times and aim wherever possible to be flexible although, unlike a hotel, we don’t have a 24 hour manned reception. We are unable to accept arrivals after 8pm without prior arrangement and then only in exceptional or unavoidable circumstances.
At the time of your booking, we will ask for an estimated time of arrival so we can arrange our day to make sure we are at home to receive you and fit in our other commitments. If your travel plans change please let us know as soon as possible.
Guests are asked to vacate their room by 10.30am on the day of departure to allow us to prepare the room for the arriving guests.
We are always sympathetic to genuine accidents but, other than reasonable wear and tear, in the event of breakages and damage occurring guests will be liable for the cost of repair/replacement.
Dowgill House is strictly No Smoking inside the house - if anyone is found to be or have been smoking inside we will charge a minimum of one extra night stay to cover additional room cleaning.
We are sorry but we are unable to accept pets.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dowgill House in the heart of historic Otley.
Covid-19 Safety - Extra Measures
To minimise risk until the Covid-19 situation recedes completely, government and trade body advice requires us to consider and put in place extra measures so we can operate safely. We trust you will understand…
- · The additional deep cleaning required means rooms are offered at weekends only, e.g. available Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and for a 2-night minimum duration. For longer stays please enquire, we will try to be flexible where possible
- · Please pre-arrange an arrival time with us and give us a call shortly before arrival so we can co-ordinate arrivals and avoid guests arriving together. Check-in procedure will involve minimal contact
- · There will be a sanitation station near the door on arrival
- · Rooms are offered on a room only basis. Breakfast is available at a number of places nearby
- · Non–essential or superfluous items that you may be familiar with will be removed from the rooms, such as soft furnishings
- · Rooms will not be cleaned/serviced on our usual daily basis
- · Room tea trays will be scaled down and comprise mainly disposable items
- · Our guest sitting room is out of bounds for the time being. The downstairs WC can be used in emergency
- · Be assured that common areas and touchpoints (switches, door handles, credit card machine, keys etc.) will be cleaned regularly
- · Balances should be made by debit or credit card rather than cash, please
- · Anyone who has the misfortune to display symptoms should let us know then return to their primary residence immediately. If you feel ill before setting off, have been Covid symptomatic within 14 days of your day of travel or are in doubt please don’t travel to us. Our normal cancellation policy applies
The normal levels of comfort and service might feel a little compromised for now, but it’s in the interests of safety and hygiene, both for us and our guests
We hope to get back to normal just as soon as we can although if you have any specific questions or need any assurances please don’t hesitate to give us a call